Life at Wichita Presbyterian Manor affords residents numerous opportunities to worship and practice their faith.
- Regular Chapel services are held Sundays at 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., and Wednesdays at 3 p.m. All services are led by Wichita Presbyterian Manor Chaplain Greg Schmidt. On the third and fourth Wednesdays of each month the message is delivered by a guest minister.
- Sunday afternoons at 3 our health services weekend activity leader oversees “M&M” (Music and Meditation) which combines traditional hymn singing with a brief devotional.
- On Sunday evenings an “inspirational time” in the health area dining room features a variety of activities including spiritual music videos.
- Independent living residents enjoy a Thursday afternoon Bible study group led by Helen Halstead.
- Chaplain Schmidt leads a midweek afternoon Bible study class for assisted living residents. They are also invited to attend weekday “Morning Devotions.”
- For health services residents, Carla Garnica leads a Tuesday evening Bible study. An additional Bible study for health services women frequently meets during the day, led by Linda Arbuckle-Ross.
Any resident may ask his or her activity director to have daily devotions read to them in their rooms.
Wichita Presbyterian Manor is open to residents of all faiths and backgrounds. Our interfaith chapel is available for residents to worship however they choose.